When in Doubt - Choose a Black Dress
When it comes to apparel, black attires have gone a long way since the Victorian era! Its evolution has been and continues to be dotted with versions popularised by celebrities adding further appeal to its iconic status.
The little black dress, in particular, continues to remain an all-time favorite. Fashionable and easy to style, it is considered a must-have in every woman's wardrobe.
Making Black Dress Your Wardrobe Essential
Working as a canvas of styles, a black dress can be used to pull together various looks, from traditional to rebellious. The black outfit can work for both casual or professional settings or an evening out for several reasons:
- Versatility: Business dinners, cocktails parties, or date nights – there is a long list of occasions one can wear it to. Play around with different jewelry, footwear, and other accessories to dress up, dress down, or add intrigue to the ensemble.
- Classy looks: Black dresses are always in style because of their timeless appeal, so wherever you go, you can be sure to look chic.
- Practicality: A dress in a dark color is all you need if you want to get through a full day and transition from business meetings to late-night parties with coworkers.
- Emergency essential: For those instances when choosing an attire is proving to be difficult. This fashion-faithful can be a lifesaver. Bid goodbyes to stress and despair for events that seem to pop up out of the blue, women’s black dresses come with the assurance that you'd never have to say, "I don't have anything to wear!"
- Flattering: We know that one size doesn't fit all. But the ladies’ black dresses are an exception. Any body shape can wear them well, and it's simple to select and buy black dresses that fit you like a glove. It comes with brownie points for the complementing curves and the slimming effect it renders to the wearer.
Bottom line – a dress in black continues to be an attractive option for various occasions.
Variations and Finding Your Way Around Black Dresses
Getting lost in the sea of variations is easy when you want to find and buy black dresses. You can find hundreds of them – each with a unique twist. Apart from the dresses in stark black, you can find other popular prints, including polka dots, stripes, colour blocking, floral, and self-designs.
A-line, fit and flare women’s black dresses, A-line, tiered maxi dresses, wrap styles, and so many more patterns with different necklines, hemlines, and fabrics only add to the array of ready-to-wear variations of the black dress online in India.
Scroll along for suggestions for you to style your choice of the ever-popular dress based on occasion and body type.
Styling In a Black Dress
Pick a black outfit based on one of the four body shapes:
- Pear: Characterised by wide hips and thighs, wearing fit and flare dresses would be a good idea. It will enhance the torso and slim the waist while camouflaging the lower body.
- Hourglass: For people with a tiny waist and wide hips, wrap dresses are a great choice. The kind of dress draws attention to your contours and can help you change your appearance from day to night.
- Apple: Classy sheath dresses can work well for people with broad shoulders and narrow hips. They not only balance the look of your shoulders and draw attention to the hips.
- Athletic: With a straight shape, you can explore a range of dress designs, including the peplum dress. The particular type creates an illusion of fuller hips and a narrower waist.
Style Your Dress Based On the Occasion
- Casual: Everyday outfits exude a relaxed feel. Put on a denim jacket with a pair of white sneakers and a black knee-length dress. You can consider replacing the jacket with a flannel shirt, depending on how laidback you wish to look. It takes the least amount of work to put together this go-to casual ensemble.
- Professional settings: Business attire can be stylish. Choosing knee-length dresses with simple patterns and clean lines would be a good idea. Combine it with a blazer, a pair of dressy pumps, easy kitten heels, or simple black flats.
- On days where semi-formal or smart casuals are acceptable, you could try a half-sleeved outfit with floral prints and team it with a cardigan in a solid hue. It would be best to stick to stud earrings and other subtle pieces of jewelry.
- Also, do not hesitate to try an all-black formal ensemble, including your dress, blazer, and footwear!
- Special occasions: Family dinners, get-togethers, birthday parties, or other celebrations – you can find a version of the dress to bring your elegant best to the event.
- You can never go wrong in party dresses with V-neckline and classic A-line cuts and. Do pick fabrics like viscose or lace that add interest to these details. You could accessorize with beautiful earrings and pretty hair clips. Team with a pair of heels, and you are good to go.
Keep in mind that style might be subjective. Do explore and experiment to reflect your dressing style. If you are still unsure of the style that matches your liking and preferences, fret not.
Go minimal. Team your choice of dress with a pair of stunning stilettos, pull your hair back in a loose bun, add small stud earrings, and wear nude makeup!
Ideas for Accessorising Black Dresses for Women
As ravishing as it is all by itself, black dresses for women can be taken a notch up with layering and accessories. Here are a few ways you can amp up your look in the simplest of dresses in black:
- Wear a scarf: Opt for scarves in vibrant colours or attractive prints to add a pop of colour.
- Don a jacket: Jackets are a great way of transforming outfits from drab to fab. Do select one suited for the occasion.
- Add some pizazz: Statement accessories can be teamed with a range of outfits and make for a good investment. A chunky necklace, a loose hair bun, belts, or lip colour can instantly make your solid-colored dress look uber stylish.
Discover Your Style Online At Femella
It is a good idea to steer clear of trying to style your outfit too much and risk overdoing it! It is best to start by putting together classic options and keep it simple. With a cute dress in black, you can be sure of being ever-trendy.
Femella offers curated collections of striking women's wear in sizes that range from petite to plus size dresses. Crafted from premium fabrics like cotton, chiffon, polyester, viscose, and lycra blends, they also ensure great fits.
Crinkled, smocked, with or without capes and slits and many more patterns - you can find ladies' black dresses designed to make you look amazing. Browse through the black dress online catalog to find your favorite versions of the long or little black dress at Femella!